Windows Vista Support: If you would like to Turn off your Windows Vista Home Screen. Then, this article will guide you with simple steps that you can follow to turn off your Windows Vista Welcome screen.
Windows Vista Support: Pre-check
Before turning off your Windows Vista Home Screen – please make sure that you must have a computer administrator rights and the computer should be stand-alone and not part of any work-group environment.
Logging on to a computer that is part of a Intranet or Network domain will not let you modify any changes that you made.
Once you have done with the above checks, follow the below steps:
- Open User accounts in Control Panel.
- To open User Accounts, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.
- Click Change the way users log on or off.
- Next, do one of the following:
- To specify that users log on to the computer using the Welcome screen, select the Use the Welcome screen check box.
- To specify that users log on to the computer without using the Welcome screen, clear the Use the Welcome screen check box.
The Welcome screen will no longer appear when you start the computer. For more information related to Windows Vista, visit the Microsoft website.